Type: Pellet air pistol.
Model:Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
Materials: Exterior mostly polymer with internal metal parts.
Weight: 2.4 pounds.
Barrel: 5.7 inches, metal-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, blowback, double and single action.
Ammunition Type: .177 cal. Pellets.
Ammunition Capacity: 8 rounds - rotary magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger uses two stages. The first stage rotates the magazine while the last stage releases the hammer. When in double action mode the trigger also engages the hammer. Overall the trigger pull I would consider to be a medium pull yet smooth making it easy to shoot on target.
Accuracy: Very good, the Umarex Desert Eagle makes a great semi-auto target shooter as far as 30 to 40 feet out.
Build Quality: Even though the external shell of the Desert Eagle is mostly plastic, it is still a very well made gun. Most of the internal parts that matter seem to be made out of metal. The fit and finish is also very good.
Realism: This is a very close replica to the real actual Magnum Research Desert Eagle with licensed trademarks and most everything in all the right places. However, other than the safety lever, many of the mechanical aspects of the gun are either non-functioning or serve an alternative purpose. The slide release actually opens the loading bay by making the barrel slide forward. The disassembly lever is non-functioning and is molded into the plastic along with the magazine release button.
Purchased this form: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Good reproduction of the original Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
- Would make an excellent training gun as it has a similar size, weight, and feel to the actual Desert Eagle handgun. (With obviously much less kick :)
- Blowback action and loud report add to the realism of shooting this pellet pistol.
- Nice high FPS for a blowback pellet gun.
- Good accuracy.
- Adjustable rear sight.
- Picatinny rail on top and bottom for accessories like a scope, red dot, laser sight and/or tactical light.
- Heavy usage of CO2.
- Slide does not stay back after 8th shot so you need to count them off or you end up wasting CO2 before you realize no pellets are coming out.
- No way to keep the slide back, no working slide release.
- Lots of usage of plastic, would have been nice to have seen more metal in it.
- Large gun, not suitable for people with small hands.
The Umarex Desert Eagle is a very unique pellet blowback air pistol, there are very few airgun pistols that include blowback, shoot pellets and have decent accuracy and FPS . The Umarex Desert Eagle is a very close replica of the original Magnum Research Desert Eagle. It has very good accuracy but you can only expect about 32 good shots (4 magazines) out of a CO2 cartridge. If you're looking for an airgun that may be a bit of a handful and can get over the abundance of plastic and hunger for CO2, than you will be rewarded with a predictable, accurate and enjoyable true semi-auto target pistol.